The Morris Building anchors the avenue as the second oldest building in Wenatchee.

Originally known as the Baker & Hiatt Building, then the Rarey Building in 1903, this site has had a colorful history. Its been home to a teacher, and then was used for gambling, liquor, “sporting women” and numerous business concerns since it was built in 1894. But it may be most well known as the most successful location of Wells and Morris Hardware.*

The Morris Building, located in historic downtown Wenatchee, sits at the heart of the city. The three story building has been meticulously maintained and restored dating all the way back to its construction in 1894.

 

 The Morris Building in the 1950s

The Morris Building in the 1950s

 The front of the Morris Building today

The front of the Morris Building today

* Copy from The Wenatchee Historical Society